What kind of child sponsorship’s does Zulufadder offer?
We offer four different types of child sponsorship’s:
- Gratton school learner: The child has passed the assessment tests and is a student at Gratton school (run by Zulufadder). The child might have up to four sponsors to cover the costs.
- University student: The student has been accepted to study at a South Africa university. The student might have up to two sponsors.
- Child/family in need: Some children/families are still in need, and will receive a monthly food parcel. Depending on the size of the family, there might be up to two sponsors per family.
- General sponsor: Your donations will go towards school books, better teachers, technology, uniforms and other things needed to run a school.
Can I buy a gift for my sponsor child?
- Zulufadder offers a gift shop where you can buy gifts that will be given to your sponsor child. We will send you a photo of the child with the gift after the gift has been given to the child.
My sponsor child is HIV positive. Will he/she get medicine?
- HIV Medicine is free in South Africa and anyone who tests positive starts on medicine immediately.
- Doctors Without Borders (MSF) are working in Eshowe and will continue large-scale testing in the years to come. In addition, all pregnant women are checked automatically.
Why does Zulufadder focus on children who are academically strong?
This is a very difficult and challenging question, but after reviewing it thoroughly, we have realised that we need to make the best use of our limited resources and funds. However, as our resources improve, we will certainly strive to accommodate everyone. All children intending to attend Gratton school are tested to assess their suitability.
Does Zulufadder still build houses for families?
The South African government has built many houses in recent years and some of our beneficiaries have received a new house from the State, which we are very happy about! However, should we come across a very bad situation, we will consider the circumstances.